Bremse

thanks. Let us know how you dismanteled cbs. Is it easy?
Easy at rear, just quit the connection tube from rear distribution valve to front caliper and seal it with a blind screw M10x1. Front ist not so easy, you need new tubes. One 350mm one 600mm and one 550mm. For me the 550 was not available, so I used two 600mm. At the end fitted with bungees, at the caliper zero degree! To quit the air off the tubes is a little bit tricky, because of the distributer, you need experiences. But at last it works fine and looks like original. So I can control both wheels separately, what is urgent for offroad and racetrack.

Anhänge

• IMG-20231005-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20231005-WA0007.jpg
    147,5 KB · Aufrufe: 12
  • IMG-20231005-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20231005-WA0006.jpg
    131,6 KB · Aufrufe: 12
  • IMG-20231005-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20231005-WA0004.jpg
    98 KB · Aufrufe: 12
I find the workshop's statement a bit strange, as brake leaks can always be clearly identified! He has to see whether it comes from the cylinder, the brake hose or the CBS control valve... oil is leaking out somewhere.
And even if it were the brake caliper, there are seal sets for it that only cost a few euros and can be replaced quickly.
However, it is more likely that there is a defective seal on the brake line, a defective brake line itself or the bleeder valve if oil were visible in this area.
The CBS/valve is actually nothing more than an additional brake piston, similar in function to that of the handbrake.

Did you see the leak yourself? If not, or if you don't have an oil leak at all, I would rather assume that the symptoms are defective in the handbrake cylinder.

That depends on the leaking of DOT-Fluid.

The CBS only works when you use the foot-break (~75% on the rear wheel and ~25% on the front wheel).
By using the frontbreak it only breaks at the front.
yes of course. i have it since 2017. i know everything about brixtons :) i have some updates. i found leaking came from high pressure tube. So tommorw i will fix it. (hope so)
Ergänzung ()

I find the workshop's statement a bit strange, as brake leaks can always be clearly identified! He has to see whether it comes from the cylinder, the brake hose or the CBS control valve... oil is leaking out somewhere.
And even if it were the brake caliper, there are seal sets for it that only cost a few euros and can be replaced quickly.
However, it is more likely that there is a defective seal on the brake line, a defective brake line itself or the bleeder valve if oil were visible in this area.
The CBS/valve is actually nothing more than an additional brake piston, similar in function to that of the handbrake.

Did you see the leak yourself? If not, or if you don't have an oil leak at all, I would rather assume that the symptoms are defective in the handbrake cylinder.
i have some updates. i found leaking came from bad high pressure tube (front). So tommorw i will change the tube with another.Hope this fix everything (with removing air floid)

Zuletzt bearbeitet: