Cromwell 125 stalling and bad idle.

TyCromwell

Mitglied
BeitrÀge
Hi, im a new member 😀

my brixtom cromwell 125 has been giving me problems. Recently it is idling badly at low revs and sometimes stalls.

Anyone else had this issue? Where do I start? Fuel filters? sensors?

So I can't locate the idle screw. Where can I find this please?

Thnk you in advance â˜ș

our motorcycle no longer has a carburetor but injection, i think there is no idle screw anymore

hello welcome

I had the same issue with my BX125, and replaced various sensors and the fuel filter and also took the air filter out (briefly) to see if this cured it.

Mine would idle badly when in (closed loop) so when the engine was cold, or the revs were decreasing. But in (open loop) it seemed to run okay. Not sure if this is the same problem you have?

I didn't think they had an idle screw either, but ultimately this fixed the problem. To access the screw is a nightmare though - and you have to take the airbox out to get access to it. It is on the throttle body and is an allen bolt and nut that hold it in, it was quite sensitive with adjustments so you have to do it a little bit at a time and when the engine is warm. I think part of the problem might of been caused by a split breather pipe as well releasing too much crankcase pressure (so might be worth checking this as well.)

hello welcome

I had the same issue with my BX125, and replaced various sensors and the fuel filter and also took the air filter out (briefly) to see if this cured it.

Mine would idle badly when in (closed loop) so when the engine was cold, or the revs were decreasing. But in (open loop) it seemed to run okay. Not sure if this is the same problem you have?

I didn't think they had an idle screw either, but ultimately this fixed the problem. To access the screw is a nightmare though - and you have to take the airbox out to get access to it. It is on the throttle body and is an allen bolt and nut that hold it in, it was quite sensitive with adjustments so you have to do it a little bit at a time and when the engine is warm. I think part of the problem might of been caused by a split breather pipe as well releasing too much crankcase pressure (so might be worth checking this as well.)[!1⁰

our motorcycle no longer has a carburetor but injection, i think there is no idle screw anymore
ErgÀnzung ()

Thank you for the replies. @eris is this the allen bolt you are talking about? Mine does not turn at all and I am worried about stripping it.

AnhÀnge

• 20220510_212551.jpg
    20220510_212551.jpg
    74,6 KB · Aufrufe: 14
Hi, im a new member 😀

my brixtom cromwell 125 has been giving me problems. Recently it is idling badly at low revs and sometimes stalls.

Anyone else had this issue? Where do I start? Fuel filters? sensors?

So I can't locate the idle screw. Where can I find this please?

Thnk you in advance â˜ș
Is this issue only when the motor is cold, or even at operating temperature?
If it mainly occurs when the engine is „cold“, there is a high probability that it can also be the valves.
With these, only the valve clearance would have to be readjusted.