Brixton Rear Wheel Spacer Question

eroots90

Mitglied
Good evening,

Apologies that this post is in english,

I've been to replace the rear wheel bearings on my BX125 and there is an issue where the spacer/tube that sits between the two bearings is too long and is causing one of the bearings to not sit properly. Turns out this was the reason for the play all along rather than failed wheel bearings.

I've just had a look online to see if I can order a new spacer, although the sites I have looked at don't seem to have this listed and in exploded diagrams it doesn't appear to be listed either.

The spacer that came out was quite rough and not cut straight either,

My question is, do the bikes have these spacers as standard? (its a long tube around 12cm that is fitted between the two bearings) I know other motorbikes do have this tube, but just wondering if the Brixton Design might be different?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you in advanced.

Good evening,

Apologies that this post is in english,

I've been to replace the rear wheel bearings on my BX125 and there is an issue where the spacer/tube that sits between the two bearings is too long and is causing one of the bearings to not sit properly. Turns out this was the reason for the play all along rather than failed wheel bearings.

I've just had a look online to see if I can order a new spacer, although the sites I have looked at don't seem to have this listed and in exploded diagrams it doesn't appear to be listed either.

The spacer that came out was quite rough and not cut straight either,

My question is, do the bikes have these spacers as standard? (its a long tube around 12cm that is fitted between the two bearings) I know other motorbikes do have this tube, but just wondering if the Brixton Design might be different?

Thank you in advanced.
Do you mean the spacer on the left side of the wheel if you look from the back?

Thank you in advanced.

The spacer between the two wheel bearings is important so that when the wheel axle is tightened the wheel bearings are not strained from the outer to the inner bearing ring and damaged when driving !

Do you mean the spacer on the left side of the wheel if you look from the back?
Nope the spacer which sits between the two bearings inside the hub of the rear wheel itself, I can't seem to find the part on any diagrams 🙈
Ergänzung ()

The spacer between the two wheel bearings is important so that when the wheel axle is tightened the wheel bearings are not strained from the outer to the inner bearing ring and damaged when driving !
Thanks Bike Mike , I just can't seem to find the spacer for sale anywhere and all exploded diagrams don't seem to show this spacer , so just wanted to check that Brixtons had them

Nope the spacer which sits between the two bearings inside the hub of the rear wheel itself, I can't seem to find the part on any diagrams 🙈
Ergänzung ()

Thanks Bike Mike , I just can't seem to find the spacer for sale anywhere and all exploded diagrams don't seem to show this spacer , so just wanted to check that Brixtons had them
Hallo Hilfe